Popular Auto Routes: Bahamas
The Bahamas is not just a beach vacation paradise, it is also a place where you can enjoy amazing road trips by car.
1. Left-hand drive. Although the Bahamas is left-hand drive, most vehicles are right-hand drive.
2. Road Conditions. Most roads in the Bahamas are in good condition, but dirt roads may be encountered in remote areas.
3. Weather Conditions Sometimes during the rainy season, roads can be slippery.
1- The Bahamas consists of more than 700 islands, but only about 30 of them are inhabited.
2- One of the most famous beaches is Pink Beach on Harbour Island. It got its name because of the pink hue of the sand, which is formed due to crushed coral.
3 The Bahamas is home to one of the deepest underwater caves in the world, Dean's Hole.
Places to visit by car:
1. Nassau: The capital of the Bahamas offers cultural attractions such as Fort Charlotte and the Pirate Museum. You can also visit the local Stroh Market to buy local souvenirs.
Itinerary: You can start your journey at Fort Charlotte, then head to the Pirate Museum and end your tour at the Stroh Market.
2. Eleuthera Island: This island is famous for its beaches, particularly the previously mentioned Pink Beach. The island is also home to the Glass Door, a natural bridge made of stone.
Itinerary: After landing at Eleuthera Airport, head south toward Pink Beach. From there, follow north to the Glass Door.
3. Exuma Island: Go to Exuma Island to see the swimming pigs. Yes, you heard it right! This unique phenomenon attracts tourists from all over the world.
Itinerary: Start your journey from Georgetown and then head north to the beach where the swimming pigs live.
4. Grand Bahama Island: Here you will find Lusayan National Park, where you can see colorful underwater life while snorkeling.
Itinerary: First visit the town of Freeport and then head south to Lusayan National Park.
International Driver's License:
If you plan to rent a car in the Bahamas, you will likely need an International Driving Permit (IDP) in addition to your national driver's license. While many car rental companies will accept national IDs, an IAD may be required during document checks by local authorities. It's best to have both documents with you to avoid unnecessary problems.
The Bahamas offers incredible scenery and interesting road routes for travelers by car. Whether you prefer cultural excursions or natural wonders, the Bahamas has something special for every traveler.